Recipe of the Month
Crock Pot Fritos Taco Bowl
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cans chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder(optional)
- Fritos chips
- sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado, pico de gallo, guacamole, shredded lettuce, etc
Brown ground beef, onion, salt and pepper in a skillet pan over medium-high heat until cooked through and no longer pink. After the meat is halfway cooked, add the garlic and finish cooking.
Add the ground beef mixture into the crock pot along with all the other ingredients. Stir together and look on low heat for 6-7 hours.
Serve over Fritos chips and add toppings of your choice. We also love adding rice to our bowls too.
Seasonal Outdoor Tips
- Cool-season grasses should be mowed at 3″- 4″ during the summer, or as high as your blade will go, while warm-season grasses should be mowed at 2″-3″.
- Mulching grass clippings help keep moisture levels steady.
- Mow regularly, to prevent cutting more than 1/3 of the grass blade at a time.